- The file is made in open source program Scribus 1.5.x (Development), get it here:
- The only font used in the template is Libertinus, install it on your media - download:
- Download the newspaper template scribus file - you might want to see it first as pdf:
- The newspaper size is tabloid 280 x 395 mm, margin 9 mm top, right, bottom and left. Make sure it fits with the printing machine.
- Standard colors are all in CMYK to match printing machine.
- A number of predefined headlines, text etc. are set - press F4 when .sla file open.
- Examples of 3 and 4 columns text and image boxes of are shown - copy paste - use F2 and F3 for editing, F4 for style manager.
- Make sure all images are at least 150 dpi, preferably 200 dpi - mark an image and press F3.
- Add more pages, choose master page left/right or blank - check design/columns temporarily by master page 'check left/right'.
- Above layer e.g. 'Page ??' there is an internal link - choose a page (double-click + Ctrl to mark a layer below)
- Above layer 'a web link' - insert an external site.
- Make sure when exporting to pdf file a max resolution on 200 dpi, outline all fonts, use document bleeds (0 mm)
- Feel free to change all of it or ask for further advise - firstname.lastname@example.org
All the best and for the true freedom!